Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eternal Friends



From left to right: Joe and Carol Alessi, Kim and me on an electric trolley that is 100 years old this year. We actually rode on it!

We met Joe and Carol last weekend at Door County, Wisconsin. They were at the same RV park parked right next to us. They had questions about God and we really had some great conversations about what it means to be a Christian. On Monday Kim and I came to the Minneapolis, MN area where they live and we got to spend some time together. Tonight they said they have made decisions for Christ. This is so exciting. We are so happy for them. When a person accepts Christ they receive salvation for their sins, but they also receive eternal life - at that moment. Joe and Carol will never die! What an awesome promise! We look forward to seeing them again here on earth, but especially being with them someday in Heaven. Please keep praying for Kim and me and for divine appointments. We leave tomorrow for Olathe Kansas to see Kim's Uncle Steve and Aunt Dee for a few days. I will be helping him wire his new 30 X 40 shed. This should be fun. Steve and Dee are always a lot of fun.

2 comments:

carol alessi said...

Hope you guys had a safe trip to KS. Watching the news Sunday night made me wonder if you would have trouble due to the rain. Joe didn't think so, was he right? My son wanted to keep Baxter until July 4th when they come for a bar-b-q. I was really looking forward to seeing him so I really miss him. Took Bailey to the vet and there is no sign of the swelling that made her thing there was cancer so that was good news.

carol alessi said...

No more room on the last comment page. I do hope you'll be able to come up north again and see Lake Superior with us. I will continue to keep you in my prayers as I hope you'll do for us.