Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hamilton, MT


Yesterday we spent the day with Chuck and Mary Garber and their two daughters Kristin and Laurie. Chuck built our home in Goshen in 1993. I rode around with Chuck in his truck and ran errands and Kim spent time with Mary at their home and in town. On the way to their home Chuck stopped by a farmer friend and introduced me. His name is Bob and he had a bale loading truck. Bob was headed to the field and Chuck and I followed him to watch it work. He can load the unit in 6 minutes. It is quite an interesting piece of engineering. It was nice to talk with Bob. Being a farmer, we just connect and talk about things that are of interest to us both.
Chuck and Mary own Garber Construction and placed their personal home in the Parade of Homes last weekend. They won 8 of 9 awards. We went to their home to visit and eat with them last night. It has just been so nice to spend time with them. Their daughters just sit around and talk and they remind us of being with our kids. It made me miss Ben, Hannah and Silas. The Garber’s home is just so beautiful. I should have taken some pictures for you. Chuck and Mary just pay attention to detail. They have lived here 11 years and had a slow start for a few years and now have enjoyed a large measure of success. They are strong Christians and have been very encouraging to be with.
Tomorrow we leave for Glacier National Park. Tammy Moser emailed and said her and Tom were there last year. She gave us some recommendations of things to see and we appreciate that. We miss them. They have been good friends.
Something interesting happened yesterday. While in the hay field in Montana with Chuck Garber, his son Matt called from the Goshen, IN area and said that Doug Moore and Vincy of WFRN Radio in Elkhart were talking about Kim and I and our travels on the radio a few days ago. Technology is amazing. I am in the middle of a hayfield in Montana talking with Chuck’s son and learning that I was on the radio. Interesting. Doug has become a very close friend and is a real brother in Christ. Sometimes when I see or hear a Christian on the TV or radio I wonder if they are authentic. Let me tell you that Doug is just that. I miss being with him. We met weekly for over a year for discipling. Speaking of technology, I am listening to Doug on WFRN on my computer via Internet while I am writing this. Vincy had a baby girl named Zaiah this AM. Congratulations Vincy!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Your hairstylist misses you great blog but must be using to much bleach because I lost your e-mail address please post it or Hannah has my cell number please call me with it. Do you have room in that RV?