Sunday, August 26, 2007

They Call the Thing Rodeo

Kim outside as we were grilling Buffalo Steaks for dinner at Polson, MT. Yep, they were good!
This is the "Bull Thing" (name of the event) in Eureka, MT
A couple of demonstrations on how NOT to leave a bull. The Bullfighters (look like clowns) were really gutsy and saved several cowboys from harm. And I think I have a tough time getting health insurance.

Hang on man!
Last night (Sat.) we attended the “Bull Thing” as it is called in Eureka, MT. It is the annual bull ride at the country fair. It is the largest bull ride in Montana. It was good in that all they had was bull riding. It started at 7 in the evening and ended around 11. I got some good pics. Today when I got on my blogger they said they had added video. I wish I’d known that and I would have done some digital video at the rodeo. They had 30 tough young guys and a lot of good bulls. Every guy rode twice then the ten with the highest score rode for the championship. It was a great night. They also have a session of “Bull Poker” where four of the dumbest guys in Montana sit at a card table playing cards while they let a bull out into the ring and the last guy sitting on the chair wins. They played it differently last night and made a big circle with lime (about 25’ in diameter) and the last guy still in the circle wins.
The clown had a lot of witty things to say, such as: “There were two gals with false eyelashes and fingernails, dyed hair and they were talking about how there are no “real men” left. He also commented on a bull rider wearing a helmet. He said it is a “device designed to protect the brain of a man that thinks it’s OK to ride a Brahma bull”. We had a great time and moved to West Glacier today and plan to be here 2 weeks. According to Tammy Moser, my cousin Jim was chased by a bear here while hiking. I guess I’ll have to send Kim down the trails ahead of me.

No comments: